Ir al contenido principal

Spanish VS. UK/USA book covers

Hi Peonies!
So, I am Spanish and I often buy my books in English; however even when I do so I see how the Spanish covers to those books are whenever I visit a bookshop. So here I have decided to put together a list of some of them: 


Everything, Everything

Yes, I know, but trust me, your are watching the covers for the same book I just can't understand what were the Spanish designers thinking when they decided to do this cover. I think they meant to do something similar to The Fault in Our Stars, and the famouse "Okay? Okay" thing, but that is just not what ended up happening here. And then we have the massive question they put that I don't even know if it's meant to be part of the title, and FYI it says "Is it true that love changes everything?" In my opinion, here the UK/USA cover wins for sure!

Resultado de imagen de todo todo libroResultado de imagen de everything everything book cover





















All the bright places
The first time I saw this book in Spanish I didn't relate it with the version in English, I had to check the original title to see what it was. Once again, the cover reminds me more of Eleanor and Park than of the actual book it is, so I think that is the marketing view of the Spanish publisheres; and although I don't dislike the Spanish cover I think we lose a lot by changing the covers because in the original one everything is there for a reason. 
Resultado de imagen de violet y finchResultado de imagen de all the bright places book cover




















City of Bones
This is an interesting scenario, and I have not read these books so I just decided to include them because I think it is interesting. So, if you have read or ever seen these books you may be thinking I messed it up and I have put the second book on the series instead of the first one, well, I didn't. In Spanish they decided to publish the first two covers of the books interchnged because it was around the Twilight era and thought that a woman in the cover will remid the readers of it and buy City of Bones. 
Resultado de imagen de ciudad de hueso libroResultado de imagen de city of bones book cover
























Comentarios